Twisted Tabouleh Salad
I love this well-rounded, versatile salad because it can be prepared as an appetizer, side dish or main course.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 cups cooked quinoa cooled to room temperature
- 1 can chickpeas (398mL) rinsed well with cold water
- 1 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leave, chopped remove leaves from stems
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese I prefer goat's or sheep's feta
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fine pink salt or sea salt add more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
In a large bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, sea salt, and ground black pepper to create the dressing.
Then add the chickpeas, quinoa, curly parsley, mint, green onions, tomatoes and feta cheese to the bowl with the dressing.
Gently mix the salad until dressing is evenly coated.
Eat immediately or cover and place in the fridge to consume later. It should last for 2 days in the fridge before getting soggy!