It’s summer and it’s hot out. This fresh, creamy smoothie is the perfect drink to take out with you on a walk or to drink when you get inside to cool down.
I’m a bit obsessed with adding mint to food and drinks when I can. The fresh taste is so satisfying and it helps to soothe a sensitive tummy. I like adding a scoop of collagen powder to this smoothie for a kick of protein. The healthy fats from the avocado help to keep me full for longer than a smoothie with just fruit would. The fresh fruits and leafy greens provide a large dose of vitamin C and a variety of minerals to nourish your body.
Let me know what you think of it!
Mint Green Smoothie
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1 Granny Smith Apple (remove core)
- 1 cup Unsweetened nut milk I prefer oat or almond
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 cup Cold, filtered water Use more water if you do not want to use nut milk
- 1 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 scoop Collagen Powder (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes. Add more liquid to create your desired consistency. I like to add a few ice cubes to make it even more refreshing!